Can't define backup regions

I was attempting to test deployments & backup regions to see if I was hitting the issue talked about in this thread: Different Region on Each Deploy

As a test, I disabled backup regions by defining my backup region as the same as my single-region pool:

$ fly regions backup ord
Region Pool:
ord
Backup Region:

However, now I don’t seem to be able to add backup regions back. It shows them as being added, but a follow-up list does not show them:

$ fly regions backup dfw atl
Region Pool:
ord
Backup Region:
atl
dfw

$ flyctl regions list
Region Pool:
ord
Backup Region:

Did I manage to put my app in a bad state? If so, can it be fixed?

Also, is the issue listed in that original thread still around? The reason I eliminated my backup region was because I was seeing the issue described and wanted to find a way around it. However, I’d rather not remove backup regions so they are defined in the case of an actual outage or limited resources.

Is this your staging app? That looks like it has ord for primary and dfw/atl for backup. It’s strange that it’s not showing, though.

The other two apps I see for you don’t have any backup regions explicitly defined, so they should show our defaults at least.

Odd. Yep, flyctl regions list against any of my apps is only list the main region pool, I’m not seeing backups for any of them.