App No Longer Communicating with Database after today's Outage

Hi,

I seem to now be able to run fly deploy again after the outage, but my app does NOT seem to be able to communicate with the database anymore. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? I can connect successfully to the database on my own.

This is the error I get from Phoenix when deploying:

14:45:56.432 [error] Could not create schema migrations table. This error usually happens due to the following:
           * The database does not exist                   
           * The "schema_migrations" table, which Ecto uses for managing                                                                                       
             migrations, was defined by another library                      
           * There is a deadlock while migrating (such as using concurrent                                                                                     
             indexes with a migration_lock)                 
2 Likes

Also unable to connect to PG:

2022-10-28T14:49:47.708 app[ee979a89] ewr [info] Can’t reach database server at top2.nearest.of.lift-db.internal:5432

2022-10-28T14:49:47.708 app[ee979a89] ewr [info] Please make sure your database server is running at top2.nearest.of.lift-db.internal:5432.

How did y’all even get fly to redeploy your apps in EWR? Running fly restart leaves my app in a pending state for me

Yeah nevermind on the deployments working. My deployments are getting stuck at pending still. This is brutal, I have over 18 hours of downtime due to hosting issues this month.

1 Like