Understand my current billing

Hi there,

I’m having a hard time to understand the billing section.

I’m not sure why I’m billed for the current usage I’m doing (several deployments of a new app, several db seeding that should not occur anymore in the future since the prod environment is stable now). So a bit of traffic during this deployment period, but not much.

I doubt I’m exceeding the free-tier limits at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, I’m willing to pay for a service, but in the current setup, I’m a bit surprised I have to :slight_smile:

Hey there, @binajmen!
I checked your account, and it looks like your db has two 10gb volumes, our free tier only allows for 3gb, unfortunately. I hope this clears things up for you!

Hi @zee!

Yes I probably miss clicked when I selected the plan. I currently have 200 Mb if I read correctly the metrics, could you downsize to 3gb for the time being? Again, I’ll be more than happy to scale up when necessary, but in this starting phase, I don’t think I need more :wink:

Also, it is unclear for me why I have two volumes. Is it created automatically ? Because I have only one Postgres DB.

Thank you for your help !

No, the 2 volumes would’ve been created if you set high availability or added a second one. The only way to downsize those would be to delete with fly volumes delete <id> and then recreate with fly volumes create

You’re correct (obviously!), I do remember I picked the third option to be production ready. I’ll stick to this plan then :slight_smile:

So from your previous answer in a different post, and this additional intel, I understand the two-node cluster is automatically handled by Fly and will switch to the replica if something wrong happen. Sweet :slight_smile: