Unable to create postgres database

I created a postgres database (called efforts-db-staging, but the process gets stuck at “Monitoring Deployment” and if I list the apps with flyctl apps list, the app shows as errored. Looking at the logs of the database, I can see an error like this:

ERROR   cmd/sentinel.go:1930    failed to update cluster data   {"error": "cannot choose initial master: no keepers registered"}

Can someone assist me with this?

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue as well, I don’t get the error but the Postgres instance deployment never succeeds

Same here.

Error messages:

ERROR	cmd/sentinel.go:1930	failed to update cluster data	{"error": "cannot choose initial master: no keepers registered"}

ERRO[0008] Error opening connection to database (postgresql://flypgadmin:PASSWORD_REMOVED@[fdaa:0:436c:a7b:23c4:0:87fc:2]:5433/postgres?sslmode=disable): dial tcp [fdaa:0:436c:a7b:23c4:0:87fc:2]:5433: connect: connection refused  source="postgres_exporter.go:1658"

Then it just infinitely continues to log the 4 same lines

cmd/keeper.go:1505	our db requested role is master
cmd/keeper.go:1543	already master
cmd/keeper.go:1676	postgres parameters not changed
cmd/keeper.go:1703	postgres hba entries not changed

After waiting a while, the fly pg create command fails too

Monitoring Deployment
Error 1 error occurred:
	* No deployment available to monitor

fly apps list returns it as status error.

Hey there,

We are currently looking into the Monitoring issue as well as some synchronization issues between our backend and Nomad. If you are able to see your logs, but don’t see any VM’s when running fly status --app <app-name> , then this is why. We hope to have things back in order shortly!

Quick notes:

ERROR   cmd/sentinel.go:1930    failed to update cluster data   {"error": "cannot choose initial master: no keepers registered"}

This is expected when the Postgres is first being provisioned, if you continue monitoring the logs it should work itself out. Let me know if this is not the case!

cmd/keeper.go:1505	our db requested role is master
cmd/keeper.go:1543	already master
cmd/keeper.go:1676	postgres parameters not changed
cmd/keeper.go:1703	postgres hba entries not changed

The above logs are normal and expected from a normal PG.

Update

Things are starting to come back up. How are things looking on your end?

cc:// @Jonas_Nicklas @danalloway @zxyz

much better, no longer shows status of Error and it’s showing up in my active apps list now, thank you!

--> v0 deployed successfully

Looks good :+1:
Thanks lads

Hello, I’m trying to deploy for the first time. I’m getting this error:

==> Release command
Command: /app/bin/migrate
Error Release command failed, deployment aborted

Any hint on how I should address this error?

Thanks!

hi! the “Error Release command failed, deployment aborted” error message is a fairly generic message – there is more than one reason why this command might fail. What happens when you re-run the deploy command with LOG_LEVEL=debug?

You may have already noticed this, but this could have also been due to current issues we’ve been having with the API.

1 Like