Secrets not working

For the past hour or so, any operation with secrets (list, set…) results in the following message:

Error Could not resolve VaultSecret

Application status seems to be ok, I see everything is green in status.flyio.net and the app is running fine, but I cannot operate with secrets.

I don´t think it is related, but the activity page in fly.io (fly.io/ apps/ «applicatiion_name»/ activity) also shows a 500

@kurt I too am having this issue. I’ve not changed my secrets in 60 days. In the last 15 days I’ve not been able to modify my secrets and the error returned is the same.

@rhodee @gorka could you share the app names?

edit: never mind, we found the issue and are working on a fix

@gorka @rhodee you both should be set now, will you give it another try? Our database and the vault instance we store secrets in was out of sync for one of your apps.

Also, @gorka, I apologize for missing this last week.

1 Like

Thanks for :eyes: at this @michael

I was able to successfully deploy secrets. I am all set @kurt. Thanks for the fix!

1 Like

I’m getting the same thing. What is the fix?

❯ fly secrets list

Hello, we run into that issue again.

❯ flyctl secrets list

Also the dashboard page “activities” returns a blank page with text “500”

@starptech can you try now? There was an invalid secret referenced in your app config that was causing trouble. Totally our fault.

I am having the same issue. What should I do?

I re-created the app, as I had no time to wait and it’s working. :man_shrugging:

I too got the same issue after messing around with secrets and a re-creating same app

Issue still persists even after re-creating the app

Can you share steps to reproduce?

I am not exactly sure, I was trying to replicate this bug `fly secrets import`should take into account values between double quotes · Issue #589 · superfly/flyctl · GitHub

It worked out fine for a couple of tries but then the deployment got stuck at

Release v2 created

You can detach the terminal anytime without stopping the deployment
Monitoring Deployment

1 desired, 1 placed, 1 healthy, 0 unhealthy [health checks: 1 total, 1 passing]

and then I stopped the process with ctrl + c (SIGINT) (maybe this? but it shouldn’t cause that from what I understand) and after that none of the secrets commands were working

../flyctl/bin/flyctl secrets import < .env 
map[MY_CERT:"-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----\nMIIFaz... etc ...FfLn\n-----END CERTIFICATE-----\n"]

diru@pop-os:~/Desktop/go-api$ ../flyctl/bin/flyctl secrets import < cert.env 
map[MY_CERT:"-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----\nMIIFaz... etc ...FfLn\n-----END CERTIFICATE-----\n"]

diru@pop-os:~/Desktop/go-api$ ../flyctl/bin/flyctl secrets list

and later I saw that the app was crashed/dead, the same error persisted when I recreated the app.

hope it helps, just wanted to point it out as I wasn’t sure where the error was coming from.

now it is working fine. :smiley: