Request: Alerting based on metrics

We would be interested in a service/add on that would allow us to subscribe to metrics similar to aws cloudwatch where parameters are set to receive email/webhook notifications when metrics start to fall outside the status quo.

I understand this can be achieved with integrations with the prometheus api - but being able to add simple alerts from the dashboard would be a huge win.

2 Likes

These are pretty easy to setup with Grafana: Create and manage rules | Grafana Labs

You can copy and paste the queries in our Dashboard to a Grafana dashboard and use those to set alerts.

2 Likes

Ahh this is great, we will get some of these setup and report back on how they go.

I have no idea if this is at all something that fly wants within its scope, but setting up simple alerts for metrics like response time in the fly dashboard would be super nice :slight_smile:

I’m having a little trouble with this. I’m on https://fly-metrics.net/ in my org (of which I am owner, and my account says I am an Editor on fly-metrics.net). I can Explore and create a new Dashboard, but the links above talk about “1. In the left-side menu, click Alerts & IRM and then Alerting.” and I don’t have that in my sidebar.

I’m currently on a Hobby plan, but I’m likely ready for the Launch plan. Will that get me alerting?

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

I am also wondering how to enable this feature!

The Launch plan did not get me alerting fwiw. I think it’s only if you are using Grafana proper that you can do this.

So you have a version of Grafana that’s on the provided dashboard but are also hosting your own Grafana instance strictly for alerting?

Curious to understand the limitations of the provided solution.