non existing domain when connecting to NeonDB

Hello everyone,

I was trying to deploy my phoenix application to fly and I wanted to use neon.tech db but I can’t get it to work. It throws the following error

failed to connect: ** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) tcp connect (neon_domanin_db:5432): non-existing domain - :nxdomain

is there something I’m missing?

Hi there! Can you give some more details about how you are trying to use neon, please?

As in-- are you running your own instance on fly? Or are you trying to connect to an external database?

Sorry for the late reply.

I’m running a new instance on fly and I want to connect it to an external database hosted on neondb. The fly application returns “non-existing domain” on the neondb url

ah right-- and what’s the URL you’re pointing to? Are you using environment variables or just plain code for connecting to Neon?

(from the error message it appears your app is trying to connect to the url neon_domanin_db - which isn’t a valid domain, hence the error - instead of, say, something like pg.neon.tech which is a valid domain)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.