Looking forward to Nolan's upcoming posts

Hello!

I’ve been a bit behind with my RSS feeds lately but I just read “Accessibility for real-time web apps”. There’s a mention for the community forum at the bottom, which admittedly I was expecting to link to a thread related to the post :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I wanted to say that it’s good timing because I recently updated the little live player widget on my personal site to use server-sent events, powered by an Golang API hosted on fly.io of course.

I have it on my list to try and improve the accessibility of it where I can but as Nolan mentioned, it perhaps gets a little tricky with more dynamic elements. In theory, I can imagine the content could be out of sync with what the screen reader is saying, making for a jarring experience.

Anyway, I’m sure some of the learnings for Live Beats can apply here so looking forward to the next post :+1: I don’t actually know if Nolan is on the forum or registered under a pseudonym though haha

4 Likes

Neat, thanks! I’m here, just a little late to the party. I’ll get a discussion thread post up in a few minutes so we can link that to the posts.

Any particular concerns you have with your widget? Happy to toss you some advice now, and potentially work it into the series if it fits somewhere.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you posted this. I’m also incredibly excited about the upcoming posts. The intro post was one of the best things I’ve read this year. :slight_smile:

1 Like