Spent the last couple weeks deciding whether to go with fly.io, and dealing with dockerizing Next.js in an efficient manner. Make sure you follow the instructions in the README before just trying to use it.
Here’s what you get:
Makes a full fly.io deployment with two environments for development and production:
- Next.js web app in standalone mode with a super trimmed down docker image.
- Postgrest HA cluster on fly.io.
- CI/CD available for two environments:
devis automatically triggered on push to
productionis manually triggered.
- Database migrator
Uses VSCode dev containers to provide a fully dockerized development environment:
- Automatically launches a local postgres database for you as well as pgadmin.
- Docker compose for dev containers
Dockerfilefor additional apt packages
- Scriptable tooling installation
awscli installed as a convenience even though it’s not needed for this starter project
db-migrate package is new to this fork and not in the original T3 stack. It’s a thin Drizzle migration runner that executes stand-alone without any additional project dependencies.