fly volumes not functional

fly volumes list
ID                  	STATE  	NAME      	SIZE	REGION	ZONE	ENCRYPTED	ATTACHED VM   	CREATED AT
vol_9vlj88wm5qy69jm4	created	myapp_data	3GB 	dfw   	fbd0	true     	5683900a61008e	2 hours ago

have a machine 5683900a61008e running

cooperation.party % fly machines list
3 machines have been retrieved from app cooperation-party.
View them in the UI here

cooperation-party
ID            	NAME               	STATE  	REGION	IMAGE                                                  	IP ADDRESS                      	VOLUME              	CREATED             	LAST UPDATED        	APP PLATFORMPROCESS GROUP	SIZE
d891156f403e98	throbbing-water-840	stopped	dfw   	cooperation-party:deployment-01HD42M6F8NQ0BZH4EK103W90P	fdaa:0:fe71:a7b:ee:b509:e7c9:2  	                    	2023-10-18T22:37:31Z	2023-10-19T13:46:57Z	v2          app          	shared-cpu-1x:2048MB

But when i ssh console into the machine, i can’t find the fly volume directory mounted anywhere.

please help where can i find it.

[mounts]
  source="myapp_data"
  destination="/data"

this is my fly.toml

and i want to find the /data directory. I also want to mv some data from a directory using SCP.
How can i do this? And how do i mount the fly volume locally using sshfs? thank you.

Are you using fly ssh console or fly console? The sooner ssh into an existing machine (if there’s any started) and the later creates a temporary machine which could not have anything in the volume.

Try fly ssh console -s with your machine started then run ls /data to check if there’s anything.

To move files you can use fly ssh sftp:

[I] ➜ fly ssh
Use SSH to login to or run commands on VMs

Usage:
  flyctl ssh [command]

Available Commands:
  console     Connect to a running instance of the current app.
  issue       Issue a new SSH credential
  log         Log of all issued SSH certs
  sftp        Get or put files from a remote VM.

im not used to sshfs but this article describes how to do scp, you can use as base for that:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.