fly logs error

Hi! :smiley: When I try to see the logs I get the following error:

nats: Permissions Violation for Subscription to logs.brandkit-dev.*.* on connection [10]

Hi @fedeotaran did you recently move the app between organisations by any chance?

Either way a re-deploy should fix this, could you try that and let me know if it helps?

I moved the app many days ago. Today I could see the logs.
The problem started 2 hours ago.

Today I have deployed many times but will try one more time! Thanks!

We’re looking into it anyway, thanks for reporting!

1 Like

FYI:
After deploy the error continues

nats: Permissions Violation for Subscription to logs.brandkit-dev.*.* on connection [13]
1 Like

We’re looking into this… we’re seeing a few interesting errors from NATS when streaming out the logs for this app and we’re trying to figure out why.

1 Like

Hi @sudhir.j! :slightly_smiling_face:
Today the logs seem to be working fine! Do you have any update?

None at this point. We could see there was an authentication problem of some sort, but this is probably sorting itself out with new tokens.

I have the same problem after suspend/re-enable the app.
I tried to redeploy, then destroy and create app with new name, but nonetheless I’m getting very same error, even for new, renamed app.

# old name
❯ flyctl --app checker logs
nats: Permissions Violation for Subscription to logs.checker.*.* on connection [77]

# new name
❯ flyctl --app checker-ci logs
nats: Permissions Violation for Subscription to logs.checker-ci.*.* on connection [78]

So even clean deploy into new app name did not help.

We are currently having the same problem.

EDIT: App name oberx. The precise error is nats: Permissions Violation for Subscription to logs.oberx.*.* on connection [93]. (with the number between the square brackets at the end changing every time.)

Thanks for reporting, we’re looking into it.

1 Like

If you need more examples to debug, I have the same issue in FRA.

I have the same issue even on new fresh account with first app deployment.

If it follows the same pattern as:

nats: Permissions Violation for Subscription to logs.checker.*.* on connection [77]

then these examples are enough. If you can just post the app name here we can add it to our debug list.

1 Like

Yep, same:

nats: Permissions Violation for Subscription to logs.still-river-2877.*.* on connection [87]

I’ve redeployed, but it didn’t help.

Yeah, quick update for everyone, the most likely cause as of now is the speed at which Fly streams the logs over to you (so we think it works fine when few people are streaming logs and throws errors when there are too many for this piece of code to support).

We’re working on optimising that, so at this point I’m not recommending that anyone try re-deploys or anything else. This seems to purely traffic / load related, so we’ll make updates and announce it here.

6 Likes

We’ve made a few updates to our log streaming system, so this problem should be resolved. Let us know here if the errors start popping up again?

3 Likes