Failed to execute "flyctl deploy"

Basically, after the first launch with “flyctl launch” I have not been able to perform new deployments, the error that I get in the console is the following:

==> Pushing image to fly
The push refers to repository [registry.fly.io//*****]
6463636a96b1: Layer already exists 
e3880218bcfc: Layer already exists 
c72f9c202b3e: Layer already exists 
3fe2fc535530: Layer already exists 
235160d40f13: Layer already exists 
fe7b1e9bf792: Layer already exists 
deployment-/*****: digest: sha256:/***** size: /*****
--> Pushing image done
image: registry.fly.io/*****:deployment-/*****
image size: 126 MB
Running /***** release_command: /app/bin/migrate
  release_command 683dd74c799368 completed successfully
Deploying /***** app with rolling strategy
  Updating e82dd76b77e218 [app]
Error failed to update VM /*****: You are not allowed to create machines

Hi,

I’m not sure if you are on a paid plan, but if so you should be able to email support@fly.io or your assigned email address to ask.

If not, it may be worth sending an email to billing@fly.io. Only it seems like that warning is related to risk-control. If so you may need someone from Fly to investigate/resolve it e.g:

Can we do something about response times to paid plans? I am still waiting for a response to a query sent in over an hour ago.

@churcho My understanding is you should expect a response to your email within a business day. They’re working on within the hour: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the support @greg, I just wrote to support

@greg I am having the same issue. (Free plan). I emailed billing@fly.io a week ago and haven’t heard back yet.

@josephl Er … I’m afraid there’s nothing I can do. I am just a random guy on a forum :slightly_smiling_face:

I assume someone will get back to you or spot your post. But (understandably) their focus will be on paid plans.

:sweat_smile:

I saw “aeronaut” and thought that meant you worked at Fly

1 Like

@josephl Ah … ok. No. Maybe one day :slight_smile: