Failed due to unhealthy allocations - rolling back

Howdy;
Getting repeated Failed due to unhealthy allocations error on deployment with a minor change that builds and runs locally. Maybe in the yyz region as it looks like ORD comes up healthy before bailing.

v74 is being deployed
9334aef6: ord pending
9334aef6: ord pending
9334aef6: ord running unhealthy [health checks: 2 total, 1 passing, 1 critical]
9334aef6: ord running healthy [health checks: 2 total, 2 passing]
0d541e31: yyz pending
v74 failed - Failed due to unhealthy allocations - not rolling back to stable job version 74 as current job has same specification

Project name is ephemera.

Happy Friday! =)

This appears to have happened because the previous VM didn’t actually shut down, and the new one couldn’t grab the IP and volume. We have a check for this that didn’t catch it for some reason, sorry about that.

I cleaned it up and you’re good to go now.

Roger that. Thanks for taking a look @kurt. Is there anything available via flyctl that I could have tried to solve this?

The only thing you could have done was removed the volume for that instance and created a new one. It’s not an ideal fix, though.

I’ve passive-aggressively marked you making the fix as the right solution, because laziness. =)

It is the right solution! Just make sure I get credit. :wink:

3 Likes

I think I’m having the same issue. @kurt can you look at two of my projects?
otter-stats and bitter-star-1040

(One was a somewhat frantic upload of a bare project to see why things were failing)

@kurt please look at mine as well mejamakan-staging

:tired_face: :weary:
It turns out this isn’t actually the same issue. This is … ahem … user error. My Dockerfile wasn’t configured properly. It was missing a port.

ENV PORT 8080

I just added that in my Dockerfile and then it worked fine.