Error trying to use Fly PR review action "exec: "mix": executable file not found in $PATH" for Phoenix App

Hey guys, I’ve been trying to implement PR preview apps on fly in a project I’m working on but, version 1.2.0 of the fly-pr-review-apps is always returning this error for Phoenix Applications:

Error: We've identified an Elixir Project but when attempting to compile it we ran into an error. Please check that your Elixir project builds successfully and try again.: exec: "mix": executable file not found in $PATH

We have a discussion in the github repo where others are having the same issue here but nothing has been done about it lately. Which reminds me actually there’s a PR with some improvements (I don’t know if this one in particular would fix this issue) waiting for review which could possibly help in improving this tool. Since fly is widely used for Phoenix applications I think it’s worth fixing this issue for the community.

I’m just trying the simple example presented in the readme for an Elixir Phoenix app, and this already happens, so it’s not hard to reproduce. Since it’s very time consuming to reinvent the wheel and create a script from scratch I think it would be a good idea to ask for the Fly’s team help.

I’m available to give more insights or help reproduce if needed, but please take a look at this!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.