error opening /dev/kmsg: No such file or directory

Hello,

With every new deployment I see the following logs: error opening /dev/kmsg: No such file or directory.
It started with the deployment on Mar 22nd. Before we didn’t see that. The application is running as expected but the error is new and might be an indicator for another problem. We didn’t to infrastructure changes, just the normal application code stuff.

1 Like

Sorry you’re seeing those spurious error messages! They’re nothing to worry about, but we’re working on getting rid of them.

Is there a work around for this?

Hey,
We are getting the same error on our machines running node-alpine, this is causing all machines to crash and we are having business critical downtime, is there an immediate fix/workaround available for this?

1 Like

same here, this brought my app down

Our business is currently down. Recently, we have been getting many downtimes due to fly own’s upgrades. Is there any way to remain unaffected by these changes?

The same problem here :cry:

@laisilveira @wiser-ai @cmayer Are you sure these error lines are bringing you app down? This logic runs after your main program has exited and does not affect your app at all.

If you look at the logs before “Main child exited”, is there anything suggesting your app has failed due to something else?

We’ve already pushed a fix for the kmsg error line, but it’s only a problem for detecting: “did your app OOM?”. Future updates will have a version of our init that does not error like that.

Edit: I hadn’t fully deployed the change, now I have.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.