Deployment success but site is inaccessible

MY application (https://arpitdalal-dev-256c.fly.dev/) deploys successfully, but the health checks don’t pass and the app is not available via the URL as well.
Github repo: GitHub - arpitdalal/arpitdalal.dev: My portfolio site
The app was deployed via GH actions.
Dockerfile: arpitdalal.dev/other/Dockerfile at main · arpitdalal/arpitdalal.dev · GitHub

looking (very) briefly at your fly.toml…it shows an internal port of 8_080…is that correct?

Yes, also mentioned in the Dockerfile. I’ve another app running with the same fly.toml but with a SQLite DB attached to it as a volume

Apologies, I didn’t realize an underscore was valid syntax in a toml file

Oh, no worries at all :smile:

I am now seeing this error message in the logs of my machine:

error.message="could not find a good candidate within 90 attempts at load balancing. last error: no known healthy instances found for route tcp/443. (hint: is your app shut down? is there an ongoing deployment with a volume or are you using the 'immediate' strategy? have your app's instances all reached their hard limit?)" 2024-04-17T00:19:41Z proxy waw [error]request.method="GET" request.url="/robots.txt" request.id="01HVMPP8N7CRR01Q473RBB8F4Z-waw" response.status=503

I wasn’t deploying at the time, so the machine cannot be unavailable and my app shows that it’s running on port 8081:

2024-04-16T22:58:52Z app yyz [info]> start
2024-04-16T22:58:52Z app yyz [info]> cross-env NODE_ENV=production node .
2024-04-16T22:58:53Z app yyz [info]🚀  We have liftoff!
2024-04-16T22:58:53Z app yyz [info]Local:            http://localhost:8081
2024-04-16T22:58:53Z app yyz [info]Press Ctrl+C to stop

Is this a weird DNS issue?

@anniesexton Could you please help take a look at this? The app is a stripped-down version of Kent’s Epic Stack. I have removed Litefs from the deployment.

@arpitdalal.dev your fly.toml config says your app is running on port 8080, but your app is running on port 8081.

Just switch your app to run on port 8080 or switch your fly.toml config to port 8081.

1 Like

Ah! Thank you for pointing that out. I didn’t understand the relationship there quite well enough.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.