Deployment Issue: Unable to Install Bundle with Fly CLI

I am reaching out to seek assistance with an issue I encountered while trying to launch my rails project using the Fly CLI. Upon executing the fly launch command, I encountered an error related to gem installation in my Ruby environment. Despite following the suggested steps, such as running bundle install and bundle clean --force, the problem persists.

The exact error message I received is as follows:

$ fly launch  
Scanning source code
Cleaning all the gems on your system is dangerous! If you're sure you want to
remove every system gem not in this bundle, run `bundle clean --force`.
Error: Failed to install bundle, exiting: exit status 15

I have attempted to resolve this issue by revisiting my Gemfile, ensuring that all necessary gems are correctly specified, and trying to clean up unused gems. However, these attempts have not led to a resolution.

Given this context, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or steps you could suggest to resolve this installation error. Additionally, if there are any specific logs or information you require to better understand the issue, please let me know, and I will provide them promptly.

Can you try the following commands (or tell me why you need this setting?):

bundler config clean false
bundler config --local clean false

I wanted to extend a big thank you for your recent help with my deployment issue. After following your advice to run:

bundler config clean false

the problem was solved, and I could deploy my project successfully. Your guidance was invaluable, and I truly appreciate it.

Thanks again for your support!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.