Hey @flyio3! Sorry to see you’ve been struggling here. I’d love to help get this resolved if I can so we can improve the docs or whatever else is needed to make it better for you and others.
So let me restate what I understand the setup to be… please correct where I’m wrong.
- You are hosting a single application instance
- You are hosting it in
- You have a single postgres database in
syd(not using read-replicas)
- Are you using Phoenix 1.6 with esbuild? I ask because the application is generated differently more recently.
- You aren’t using the
fly_postgreshex package (just making sure)
- The DATABASE_URL is set (
fly secrets list)
Sometimes the logs can provide more information. When that happens, just run
fly logs to see if there’s any more info there.
When I’ve seen this problem, it’s generally because one of the following:
- a missing inet6 config for IPv6 support (app can’t see the database)
- It’s multi-region and the app doesn’t know what the primary region is supposed to be
- It’s multi-region and the app is being started in a backup region which doesn’t have the database
Does any of that apply?