Cannot deploy due to Postgres db being unreachable

I’m unable to deploy my Phoenix app as every attempt results in an error message stating Postgrex failed to connect to the DB. I haven’t changed any sort of configuration, so I’m not sure why this would come up out of nowhere. I made a few body copy changes to my app’s markup and that’s all.

==> Creating release
--> release v89 created

--> You can detach the terminal anytime without stopping the deployment
==> Release command detected: /app/bin/migrate

--> This release will not be available until the release command succeeds.
	 Starting instance
	 Configuring virtual machine
	 Pulling container image
	 Unpacking image
	 Preparing kernel init
	 Configuring firecracker
	 Starting virtual machine
	 Starting init (commit: 6f9865f)...
	 Preparing to run: `/app/bin/migrate` as nobody
	 2022/04/03 14:58:18 listening on [fdaa:0:4179:a7b:28df:681b:4b02:2]:22 (DNS: [fdaa::3]:53)
	 Reaped child process with pid: 568 and signal: SIGUSR1, core dumped? false
	 14:58:22.194 [error] Postgrex.Protocol (#PID<0.135.0>) failed to connect: ** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) tcp recv (idle): closed
	 14:58:23.872 [error] Postgrex.Protocol (#PID<0.136.0>) failed to connect: ** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) tcp recv (idle): closed
	 14:58:24.771 [error] Could not create schema migrations table. This error usually happens due to the following:
	   * The database does not exist
	   * The "schema_migrations" table, which Ecto uses for managing
	     indexes with a migration_lock)
	 "mix ecto.create". Alternatively you may configure Ecto to use
	     config :my_app, MyApp.Repo,
	 The full error report is shown below.
	 ** (DBConnection.ConnectionError) connection not available and request was dropped from queue after 2974ms. This means requests are coming in and your connection pool cannot serve them fast enough. You can address this by:
	     (ecto_sql 3.7.2) lib/ecto/migrator.ex:678: Ecto.Migrator.verbose_schema_migration/3
	     (ecto_sql 3.7.2) lib/ecto/migrator.ex:504: Ecto.Migrator.lock_for_migrations/4
	 Reaped child process wally with code: 1
	 Seaped child process with pid: 570 and signal: SIGUSR1, core dumped? false
	 Starting clean up.
Error release command failed, deployment aborted

This seems to have been a lingering issue from our Seattle network outage the other day. I restarted your Postgres and it should work now.

Just so you know, you helped us find 17 more databases in this state. Thank you for posting!

Oh excellent! Gald my feedback could be of help!

I’m having this same problem today in lhr - I haven’t changed any configuration and fly deploy won’t finish. Not a great early experience when I’m trying to come over from Heroku!