Deploying my first Phoenix app... what do I really need?

Hello,

I’ve been learning Elixir and Phoenix for some time now I would like to deploy my first app. The thing is, I’m a beginner and I don’t really know how to structure my app and volumes.

So, I have a Phoenix app which uses Postgres as a database and the app allows users to upload images. I believe I have to create a VM and then I need to create a volume on which user uploads will be stored, right? Also, as I’m using postgres, do I need to create another volume for it or is there some other way to handle database?

Second, I would like to connect my app to Cloudflare so static files and user images could be loaded from it, how do I set that up?

As I said, I’m a beginner and I really hope someone could give me some guidance on how to set it up properly.

Thanks

Hi @matijalasic,

Start simple, try fly launch on your phoenix app following this guide Speedrun! Deploying to Fly.io! · Fly Docs

No need to setup Cloudflare either, static assets are served smartly directly from Fly.io infra which is globally distributed too, see how to serve static files

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.