Deploy NATS

How do I deploy NATS (https://nats.io)? I found this page (Global NATS Cluster) but I’m not sure if it’s just an example (as in, quick-and-dirty “hello world”) or a proper approach.

Yep, that’s the proper approach. The repository here has pretty recent updates, and installs a nats supercluster now: GitHub - fly-apps/nats-cluster: Global messaging for apps that need to talk to each other.

@kurt Did you happen to see @Ty1 's comment here? New Examples - NATS Cluster and 6PN Demo Chat - #6 by Ty1 ? I haven’t tried it just yet but I’ll be doing so soon-ish.

One note, I did have to enable a resolver in the template to get the SYS account working on the cluster.

I tried the Global NATS Cluster demo pinned on fly-apps. (Step 3 needs to be updated to the new scale command fly scale count 3 --region syd,cdg,ord). Unfortunately, that pinned example is currently broken. The regions are unable to connect to the primary due to an authentication issue. I’d comment there, but issues are disabled.

I believe the authentication issues might be related to the issues resolved in your fork, @mwills? The newer version of nats requires additional configuration for authentication?

@kurt, is this the proper way of building a nats cluster on Fly? Would it be possible to get the pinned example updated with a working method?

Which version are you running @Ty1 ?