curl: (92) HTTP/2 stream 1 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream

I am having an issue with one of our applications occasionally resolving and other times returning:

curl: (92) HTTP/2 stream 1 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream

This seems to be mainly an issue outside of West Coast USA where the app is located. I’m in Australia and see the problem about every second curl. East coasters (USA) don’t seem to be able to get a response at all. West Coast seems fine.

The status page and twitter both don’t mention any issues.

The app name is “psd-backend-prod”.

The status page now says everything is back to operational but my app still has the same problem. This “just started happening”, it wasn’t the result of a deploy (although I have tried restarting the app).

I don’t think this is related to the routing issues in Seattle (those were localized to hardware your app isn’t running on).

Is there a good URL to test? / on that app seems to load from every region.

Is there a way to message you privately? I’m also experiencing DB connection issues on a separate app and don’t want to post the details publicly.

@kurt

❯ curl -i https://psd-backend-prod.fly.dev/colors
curl: (92) HTTP/2 stream 1 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream```

The first request seems to work 9/10 the second request always fails. After about 5 or 10 minutes the first request will succeed and the cycle repeats.

Ok, thank you. We tracked this down to some edges routing to the SEA region incorrectly. Requests were hitting our edges, then hanging trying to figure out how to get to your VMs. Can you see if it has improved now?

Actually, hold tight, we may not have found all of them.

Now it should be fixed. As it turns out, it was related to the outage in SEA, just a more subtle issue. Thank you for helping us find that.

All resolved now. Is there a way to go about monitoring for this?