Connect Fivetran to Postgres through SSH tunnel

Hi,

I’d like to connect Fivetran to my Fly Postgres. In order to do this I can use a public IP, which I don’t want for security reasons. I also have the opportunity to connect through an SSH tunnel. Fivetran gives me an SSH public key and ask for a SSH host and user. Is there a way to do this?

Best regards,
Marco Willemart

I’m reading Connect by SSH tunnel or IP safelist | Databases to Warehouse with Fivetran - is this the relevant docs?

Yes it is.

@mwillema If you contact Fivetran, it sounds like they have some kind of native VPN support available - if they supported Wireguard, as an example, this might be an extraordinarily easy integration with no added moving parts expect for configuring the Wireguard tunnel. Worth an ask.

I asked them about Wireguard but they only support Google, Azure and AWS cloud VPN. Furthermore we need to be on a higher price plan to access the VPN tunnel.

So my only choices are either SSH or reverse SSH.

So is there a way to connect through SSH or reverse SSH then?
If not what about opening Postgres to outside but whitelisting the Fivetran IP only? Is it possible?

From How To to Questions / Help

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.