Cannot deploy because of insufficient memory

@oleksify Seems you’ve been working with our Support folks already. Let me take a look.

Same thing happening in WAW to me right now:
Error: failed to update VM 3287961a143685: aborted: could not reserve resource for machine: insufficient CPUs available to fulfill request

3 Likes

I have the same situation (WAW region too)

2 Likes

Me too (waw, fra)
aborted: could not reserve resource for machine: insufficient CPUs available to fulfill request

2 Likes

+1 failed to update VM 4d89799a02e687: aborted: could not reserve resource for machine: insufficient CPUs available to fulfill request

1 Like

Sorry. In addition to that, we have added new servers there to mitigate the capacity issue.

1 Like

Seeing the same here in YYZ!

1 Like

Have same situation a HKG.

1 Like

@Lantt : try deleting the builder app and trying fly deploy again
I’ve had issues with HKG 2 days ago, and I could not deploy it the way I’ve used to.

Because it was urgent I’ve managed to get fly deploy --local-only to work, but the next day HKB was back to normal.

I hope it helps.

I’m getting this in YYZ.

I attempted to migrate to V2, now my app is down, and can’t tell if it’s my fault or if there’s an issue on Fly’s end.

Hi @Curiositry

What’s the error you’re getting (and is it when you run fly deploy)?

1 Like

@andie Thanks for your quick reply. When I run fly deploy I get:

Error: error creating a new machine: failed to launch VM: aborted: could not reserve resource for machine: insufficient memory available to fulfill request

This is MySQL 8, and the logs show various errors including:

PCI: Fatal: No config space access function found 
[ERROR] [Entrypoint]: mysqld failed while attempting to check config
2023-07-26T00:40:32Z UTC - mysqld got signal 11 ;
Most likely, you have hit a bug, but this error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.

Previously there was something about memory shortage in the logs. I tried to fly scale memory but got Error: No active machines in process group 'app', check fly status output.

If you run fly status and see no Machines listed for your app, then you can try deploying in another region, like fly deploy -r yul for example.

If you have any Machines, then destroy them before deploying.

No machines listed. Trying to figure out how to get my volume moved over to yul (it won’t deploy without it).

Oh yeah, that might not work for you with the volume. You can’t fork volumes to another region (yet).

If you’re able to create a new volume from a snapshot into another region that might work. Otherwise, you could create a new volume and transfer the data yourself or you could just wait and try redeploying again in yyz later.

I have both my app and DB migrated to yul, along with their volumes; they’re both now running, but crashing, failing to talk to each other. Maybe the secrets weren’t preserved?

Oddly, all my volumes for the app are showing 0MB used, which is very bad news if true.

Does the APPNAME.internal hostname still work in v2 for apps in the same region?

yes app_name.internal still works for v2 apps