Any thoughts on why my app randomly died?

Ok, well I did restart it in order to ssh in to investigate.

And sure enough, doing so did drop the load back to 0. So it’s now 0 if you wonder why it all looks well.

To check to see if anyone naughty had somehow added anything (not sure how), I added htop and checked the processes … and all is well. The app continues to do basically nothing. One node process, as expected. And some Fly innards:

No CPU load. Minimal memory. All is well. No bitcoinminer.evil or something evil there!

So … I’m no further along.

Thinking about it … I’m not entirely sure why the app wasn’t auto-restarted. If an app fails a http healthcheck, should it be restarted by Fly? Is that something I need to configure? I’ve used healthchecks for getting an app up and running (seeing them pass, so the app then deploys) but now I wonder how/if they apply in this context, of a deployed app failing. I’ve been looking at the docs Fly Launch configuration (fly.toml) · Fly Docs I don’t see any mention of the health-checks being used to trigger a restart. If not, maybe that option could be added. Something like restart_after_failures: 5? I do see there are health check handlers (like slack) which would notify a failure. However (inevitably) failures happen at an unhelpful time of day so an auto-restart option/param would be handy (if it’s not in fact already supported and I’m simply missing that which is entirely possible!)