After Moving App to new Org Cannot Connect to DB

I recently moved an app and its PG database from one org into another and the app couldn’t connect to the database.

I’m now getting timeouts when trying to make it attach:

flyctl postgres connect -a app-db
Connecting to fdaa:1:1246:a7b:2052:169e:b9b2:2...⣯Error error connecting to SSH server: connect tcp [fdaa:1:1246:a7b:2052:169e:b9b2:2]:22: operation timed out

flyctl doctor seems fine:

flyctl doctor
Testing authentication token... PASSED
Testing flyctl agent... PASSED
Testing local Docker instance... PASSED
Pinging WireGuard gateway (give us a sec)... PASSED
No app provided; skipping app specific checks

Attaching is also throwing a timeout error:

flyctl postgres attach app-db -a app
Checking for existing attachments
Error Get "http://fdaa:1:1246:a7b:2052:169e:b9b2:2:5500/commands/databases/app": connect tcp [fdaa:1:1246:a7b:2052:169e:b9b2:2]:5500: operation timed out

How can i solve this issue?

Are you maybe trying to attach a postgres app from organization A to the app which is now in organization B? Because i don’t think that apps from multiple organizations share the same local network

No, i moved the app, then i moved the app-db. I just did flyctl apps list and both of them show the same org, which is the one i moved them to.

When you move an app we automatically change its private network ID to the new org’s default network (usually the only network that exists because we don’t make it easy to change networks). We do the same for postgres apps.

Were you running an older version of flyctl when you changed org?

The network update should’ve happened automatically.

You can run:

flyctl image update --app <app-db>

to update your cluster’s image and that will trigger the network to update on your machine.

got this error, now:

Updating machine 6e8257daee2e87
Error could not stop machine 6e8257daee2e87: failed to update VM 6e8257daee2e87: We need your payment information to continue! Add a credit card or buy credit: https://fly.io/dashboard/new-org/billing

i’m using latest version of flyctl from homebrew

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.