There seems to be an outage with TLS termination

Can confirm, we’re seeing apps come back up. Thanks for the play-by-play and keeping constant comms :muscle: :muscle:

Reaffirmed why we love and are sticking with Fly :heart:

1 Like

Hi there :wave: is the API issue hairier than expected @kurt ?

Thank you for your effort and transparency!

It is, yeah. The API still can’t talk to Vault. We’re digging through it to figure out why.

2 Likes

Thanks and good luck, we have faith!

Hey, thanks for the updates so far.

My apps and postgres DB seem to be up, however I’m having trouble connecting externally to my postgres DB via the public hostname (using this approach). Occasionally it succeeds albeit with a lot of delay, but often the connection just hangs and eventually times out. Is this related to the current issues?

I only set up my Fly account yesterday and it was working fine then.

It could be related, that’s strange though! Will you visit debug.fly.dev and tell me where you’re connecting from? You’ll see a Fly-Region header in the output.

Fly-Region is lhr which matches the region of my cluster.

I don’t see any obvious problems there, see if it clears up over the next 30 minutes? Some of our service discovery, database sync, etc is still working itself out.

OK will do, thanks. If it persists I’ll create a new topic

Hi,
We are not getting the app status. It shows no instances when I type flyctl status. One of the apps we are trying to restart is also not restarting and continuously giving error of hard limit. I wanted to restart, but couldn’t. Tried redeployment, and it failed. So don’t know what to do.

This was an ongoing problem from our overnight outage. We believe it’s fixed now, will you give it another try?

We have a first pass postmortem about today’s outage up here: Major Outage Portmortem (2021-10-13)