I have a Go http app in a private repo that I’m trying to deploy.
- Created new account
- Created a go app with
launchin AUS. Following: Build, Deploy And Run A Go Application · Fly Docs
==> Validating app configuration --> Validating app configuration done Services TCP 80/443 ⇢ 8080 Error failed building options: server returned a non-200 status code: 504
Checked fly status page but can’t see any errors, same with twitter, HN, etc.
- App shows as pending.
- Added credit card. No change.
- It was in pending for a while so changed to SJC. Still no change.
- Found buildpack docs and added path to
flyctl deployto see if that updates it. Still pending.
- Destroyed and recreated and left it going overnight. It’s still pending now.
- Destroyed and recreated this morning, still pending.
- Try redeploy after remembering to add the path and got this:
==> Verifying app config --> Verified app config ==> Building image Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: failed building options: upstream service is unavailable
- Builder instance I see is Suspended. last log lines:
<snip - below repeats a bunch> 2022-09-03T18:30:50.077 app[3908051eb1e487] syd [info] time="2022-09-03T18:30:50.077244858Z" level=debug msg="checking docker activity" 2022-09-03T18:30:50.077 app[3908051eb1e487] syd [info] time="2022-09-03T18:30:50.077679578Z" level=debug msg="Calling GET /v1.41/containers/json?filters=%7B%22status%22%3A%7B%22running%22%3Atrue%7D%7D&limit=0" 2022-09-03T18:30:50.148 app[3908051eb1e487] syd [info] time="2022-09-03T18:30:50.148171457Z" level=info msg="Deadline reached without docker build" 2022-09-03T18:30:50.148 app[3908051eb1e487] syd [info] time="2022-09-03T18:30:50.148375677Z" level=info msg="shutting down"
I haven’t read all the docs but to me it looks like:
- there’s a builder “instance” that does a
docker buildor something.
- there’s the app “instance” that run’s the binary/container.
- for some reason the builder is unable to build my app and the logs don’t show any sign of communication. Eventually the build job times out.
- maybe this is related to private repo?
- I’m on a NixOS machine should have outbound/etc.
Bit puzzled how to progress this.