Error deploying Django/Postgres app for the first time

@Heroe, wow, I just realized I thought I was responding to support and that they hadn’t even looked at the files I had given them. So sorry for not reading through your whole message and just replying back strangely. :grinning:

To answer your question… yes, this is postgres, and I changed my settings.py database connection to the one that you suggested and that didn’t change the results. I’m still getting the same error:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 122, in connect
      conn = _connect(dsn, connection_factory=connection_factory, **kwasync)
  django.db.utils.OperationalError: connection to server at "myapp1-db.flycast" (fdaa:1:e227:0:1::4), port 5432 failed: SSL SYSCALL error: Success

I also broke down and got a support plan and emailed. So far, this is what I’ve heard back:

Regarding the myapp1-db app, I see the VM associated with the app is currently stopped, but I’m not sure if that would cause this issue as it should wake on request. Can you also try running fly postgres connect -a myapp1-db and let me know if you have issues connecting to it through flyctl?
fly postgres connect · Fly Docs

So, I tried that and am getting the error:
Error: no active leader found

I did some googling on that and found this thread on this community: Postgres is down, cannot restart. Error no active leader found. - #12 by dad

Ultimately, it seemed like this worked for most people:
flyctl machine restart my_db_id

But it didn’t work for me, so I’ll see what support says and keep posting to this thread until it is resolved.